Our Adoption Process
Adams Farm Animal Hospital takes our responsibility in placing homeless pets with new families very seriously. We make a commitment to each animal that they will find safety and security in a home that will love and cherish them for the rest of their lives. Similarly, we make a promise to prospective adopters to help them identify the most compatible pet for their current and future lifestyles, level of experience, and personalities. Our goal is to make sure both the adopter and the pet will have a long, loving life together.
- We require that our dogs live primarily inside with their families. We require that our cats live safely inside only in their new homes.
- A perspective adopter’s current pets must be current on their veterinary care (including heart worm prevention for dogs) AND be spayed/neutered.
- All adopted pets are either already spayed & neutered, or if adopted prior to 4 months of age, MUST be spayed/neutered post-adoption.
- Prospective adopters must be at least 21 years of age.
- Typically, we can only consider adoption applications for individuals who reside within a 1 1/2 hour radius from Greensboro, NC.
- We may have additional adoption policies or requirements not listed here, as well as adoption requirements specific to each individual pet and their needs. These things will be discussed with you if you place an application for adoption with us.
- If for any reason you are unable to keep the pet, the pet MUST be returned to us.
Prospective adopters will be required to complete an adoption process, which includes:
- an adoption application
- a phone interview to review the application
- reference check
- a home visit with the pet